Translate

10 January 2016

24th April 1946: resplendent refurbished organ

24 Wed. Rather cool, cloudy day after showers. Got the groceries locally also envelopes, postcards also putty. To Morden where I stood in a fish queue, only for the shop to sell out before my turn came. I then stood at another shop for an hour and eventually got some fish. When I returned from Morden I found Farley’s motor van with the organ aboard returned after repolishing. The men had been knocking but could get no reply. They got it in with some difficulty as it is a big thing. It looks resplendent now but shows a few honourable scars still. Three new bevelled mirrors have been fitted and I am pleased with the work done. To Tolworth in afternoon: Dad still seems to be improving: he was sitting in the armchair I wheeled on my bike. Aunt Liza called.

No comments:

Post a Comment