Translate

6 January 2016

17th April 1946: armchair on bike

17 Wed. Mild, nice, soft sunny morning but dull, rain later. Got the groceries, thence to Morden to buy a cake and cats meat. While there bought four ice cream cornets, raced home on my bike and gave one each to Gwennie, Laurie, Donald and Ann Conley. They were playing outside all the morning and their faces showed such childish glee when I took the ices from my basket and gave them one each that the trifling expense was well worthwhile. In afternoon put the big kitchen armchair on my bike and wheeled it the four miles to Tolworth. Dad wants it as Lily’s easy(?) chairs are so low and deep that Dad finds it difficult to get down into them and impossible to get out of them again. I found Dad fairly well but he must make haste slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment