Translate

21 April 2014

21st April 1944: cat stolen?

Albert Edward Sammons CBE
1886-1957
Wiki biography here


21 Fri. Mild; lovely sunny morning, very dull & cloudy later. To the butchers, got beef this week for a change, also to other shops locally. In afternoon to Morden to buy a few things. Tibby Veale the pretty Persian cat next door is missing since last night. I roamed the back gardens about here but to no purpose. He is old enough to know his way and must be stolen; hope they get him back, I am fond of him. Listened with Maud to Albert Sammons playing most exquisitely the Beethoven Violin Concerto in D over the wireless.











"I have no intention of passing my remaining years in explaining or withdrang anything I have said in the past, still less apologising for it."
Winston Churchill in the House of Comnmons, 21 April 1944.

No comments:

Post a Comment