Note from 'The Croydon Database' re Parchmore Road:
Twelve maisonettes in three blocks of four were built on the south side and at the end. The life of the first block was very short as it was hit by an HE bomb on 31st May 1943 and Nos. 5 and 6 of the second block were also destroyed. New replacements were erected at the end of the war.
(Note: the buildings had only received planning permission in 1939.)