Translate

2 May 2013

2nd May 1943: 'delightful... cheered my heart'

2 Sun. Very cool, very dull, chilly E. wind. To Dear Mother's grave in afternoon also walked through John Innes Park.: the flowering trees and shrubs most of them named enchanted me: saw some unusual plants. To Wimbledon Common in evening, did not venture far on: saw the most glorious wisteria on the front of a large house in Lingfield Road. Met Alf & Lily, Len & Emily Garrod. A little girl named Rita who I have not seen lately laughed with pleasure at seeing me again. "Where have you been all this time," she said. I told her I still lived at the other end of the road. "I have been away at school all day," she said, I expect that is why I haven't seen you." Now wasn't that delightful; it cheered my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment