Translate

29 May 2013

29th May 1943: model aircraft lost over Putney

29 Sat. Rather warm, some periods of glorious sunshine. Did all the usual shopping locally. In afternoon flew 34 ins model on Common: conditions were good in spite of a few gusts. After a few experimental flights got model trimmed to perfection. It fifth flight was too good as it flew right away at a great height in the direction of Putney. I followed as fast as I could but lost sight of it when I reached the limit of Putney Heath; it disappeared as a speck in the sky, I should say it was well over Putney when I last saw it. It carries my name & address so perhaps I shall hear of it. In evening scoured the Putney Roehampton district on my bike but it was worse than looking for a needle in a haystack.

No comments:

Post a Comment