Translate

30 August 2012

24 to 27 August 1942: life-long love

24 Mon. ...Uncle Tom called and gave me a photo of dear Mother when she was 17: I shall prize this as long as I live. To Dorset Hall about my fire-watch duties. Took roses to Mrs.Hippel. Paid slate club.

(Editor's note: surely this photo would be among those I inherited, via Fred's brother Albert. I will search.)

25 Tues. Walked to Merton for cat's food but got nothing.; then cycled to Morden and got some fish. Warning from 4.55 50 5.25 p.m. Enemy plane from N. to S. A few shots fired but the shells burst literally miles away from it. Started work on repair of Mrs.Akroyd's wireless set.

26 Wed. ...Cycled nearly to Mitcham but rain made me turn back, having to shelter at Morden.

27 Thur. Warm, grand sunshine all day, perfect! Took note from Ciss to Gladys at her new home in Grand Drive. All the A.A. guns are back on the Raynes Park camp also a barage balloon. Work on Mrs.Akroyd's set. Weeding in the garden in evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment