Translate

7 February 2012

Fri 30 Jan 1942: my only seaside holiday, in 1906

.
The two 1906 Weymouth postcards are from Fred.
sent on the holiday he still remembered in 1942
Top (with reverse): Rothe Walk
 Below (with reverse): Weymouth Harbour   


"...only seaside holiday I have ever had
 and what a happy time! 
I don't expect I shall ever have another holiday again"
.
Severe morning frost everything being thick white and the puddles frozen solid. Thawing in afternoon and a deluge of rain later and after peals of thunder. Did shopping locally in morning and thence to Wimbledon along rail path but was not able to buy much. Saw Drummond 4-4-0 loco. No.423 - my engine, it took me to Weymouth for a week in 1906 the only seaside holiday I have ever had and what a happy time! I don't expect I shall ever have another holiday again. To get accumulators in afternoon and to pay subscription for District Nurse to Mrs.Page 28 Sydney Road. Bought some sprats and found a baby octopus among them.

"Bought some sprats and found a baby octopus"
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment