Translate

31 March 2010

Sunday, 31st March 1940

Mild, very dull, coldish wind. No callers. Sunday or not, decided to dig up several roses to make way for air raid shelter to be erected tomorrow.

On this day Mussolini said Italy must go to war, like Germany, in Italy's case to attain 'liberty on the seas; a window on the ocean'. And the USA refused to recognise the pro-Japanese 'puppet' government in China (see yesterday) proclaimed in Nanking.

"She brought love back into my heart when I had almost lost the faculty."

Back on Friday, 5th January Fred ...Polished brass step and door-knocker. Washed tiled path in front of house, and washed living-room floor at night. Bradleys moved from 72 Chestnut to Doris's and Erney Pudneys at Worcester Park bequeathing us Dinkey who is now our cat, so dear Sandy has a successor at last. Bradley's is a house of happy memory: I can never forget the lovely auburn haired brown eyed little Connie who knocked at our door and timidly asked for Miss French. I saw her grow into womanhood and now she has little Christine. She brought love back into my heart when I had almost lost the faculty.

No comments:

Post a Comment